Florida State kept rallying. And the Seminoles are back in the Women’s CWS.
Kiersten Landers had a pinch-hit RBI single in the bottom of the ninth inning as the Florida State softball team defeated LSU 4-3 to advance to the Women’s CWS.
“It was just a lot of fun,” Landers said. “We compete for each other. Just getting the chance to get the hit for my team and all they did before that, it was just an amazing experience.”
The Seminoles (44-10-1) trailed 2-0 after five innings. FSU tied it up at two in the seventh inning after Devyn Flaherty scored on a passed ball. The Seminoles tied it up at three in the eighth inning once again after Elizabeth Mason hit a solo home run to left field with two outs.
Elizabeth Mason hit a solo home run and had an RBI single for the Seminoles, who swept LSU in the best-of-three series. The Seminoles had eight hits.
Caylan Arnold started and pitched 4.1 innings. She gave up five hits and two earned runs.
Danielle Watson pitched 4.2 innings. She gave up three hits and a run.
FSU is back in the WCWS for the first time since the 2018 run to the national title. This is the Seminoles’ fourth WCWS under head coach Lonni Alameda and its 11th trip to the WCWS in program history.
“Really proud of our team,” Alameda said. “We’ve had a long season of ups and downs and we’re starting to put some things together. But the fight was just really cool to see. I’m really proud of the pitching staff and defense and the whole nine. I’m excited to head to Oklahoma City.”
- T4 | Georgia Clark hit a two-run home run down the left-field line. (LSU 2, FSU 0)
- B6 | Elizabeth Mason singled through the middle scoring Sydney Sherrill from second. (LSU 2, FSU 1)
- B7 | Devyn Flaherty scored on a passed ball (LSU 2, FSU 2)
- T8 | Taylor Pleasants hit a solo home run to left field. (LSU 3, FSU 2)
- B8 | Elizabeth Mason hit a solo home run to left field. (LSU 3, FSU 3)
- B9 | Kiersten Landers singled down the right-field line, scoring Dani Morgan from second. (LSU 3, FSU 4)