We are less than 87 days from gathering at tailgate parties for fun fall weekends with family and friends.
Florida State fans have circled Saturday, August 27, the season opener in Doak Campbell Stadium, and Sunday, September 4, when the Seminoles will play LSU, the 2019 national champions, in New Orleans.
I know. You’re still working on your summer plans, but it’s never too early to start planning those reunions with friends and family.
Here’s a fun checklist:
- Invite your family and friends. College football games are fun especially when you are surrounded by those who share your passion for Florida State University. Let them know about your plans and invite them to join you for tailgate parties and shared seating.
- Get your tickets. If you already have your season tickets ordered, you are on your way. If you haven’t ordered your tickets yet, now is the best time to do it for you and your crew. There are good seats to choose from. Want an aisle seat? Maybe you prefer a seat on the west sideline?
- Buy one of three ways:
- Online using “Select-Your-Seat” map: Seminoles.com/Tickets
- Call the FSU Athletic Ticket office: 850-644-1830
- Schedule a visit or call back from a staff member: https://boosters.fsu.edu/webform/schedule-ticket-meeting
- Buy one of three ways:
- Choose a viewing experience. You’ll find seating in the bowl now offers more concession and beverage choices, including beer and wine. Or you might like to select stadium seating with access to a more extensive selection of upscale concessions with adult beverages in an air-conditioned ballroom. Grab a bite and a drink anytime you like before or during the game. Or you might prefer one of the premium seating options in the Dunlap Champions Club or in the new section 120. Your representative can help you choose the right experience for you as well as your family or friends.
- Select your parking. Where do you like to tailgate or park? You have numerous experiences and options to choose from, whether on a grass lot, in a parking garage or, if you have a motor home, there’s a lot for you to spend the weekend.
- Plan your weekend experience, including a hotel room if you are travelling. Tallahassee has a number of traditions on Friday night, including the Block Party on Madison, with live music from 5-10 p.m. with numerous restaurants and bars within the district, and walking distance along Gaines Street, Railroad Square and Downtown. A short distance down Gaines Street is the AC Hotel, with its rooftop bar and Cascades Park, which also hosts live music events. The fall is also a wonderful time to get outside and enjoy the woods and water on a football weekend.
No matter what your interests are, Tallahassee has a broad array of entertainment options to build a fall football weekend and there’s no better time to plan it than now.
Plus, when you purchase season ticket and join Seminole Boosters, you are offering vital support for all 20 teams including athletic scholarships and winning-edge services for more than 500 student-athletes!