Cam Akers’ first playoff game was a memorable one.
Akers had 28 carries for 131 yards and a touchdown as well as two catches for 45 yards in the LA Rams’ win over Seattle on Saturday.
“You see what a great athlete Cam is. He’s tough,” Rams coach Sean McVay said. “I thought he was really getting into a rhythm early on in the game. We were able to control the time of possession, able to just eat up yards a little bit at a time. He’s a special player, he’s really tough.”
Akers is the first Rams rookie to have 100 or more rushing yards in a playoff game. Next up for the Rams is a road date with Green Bay, the No. 1 seed in the NFC.
- Buffalo 27, Indianapolis 24. Xavier Rhodes had three tackles for the Colts.
- L.A. Rams 30, Seattle 20. Jalen Ramsey had three tackles for the Rams.
- Tampa Bay 31, Washington 23. Dustin Hopkins made a 36-yard field-goal attempt and made two extra-point attempts and Ronald Darby had five tackles for Washington.
Sunday’s NFL games
- Baltimore 20, Tennessee 13
- New Orleans 21, Chicago 9. For the Saints, P.J. Williams had a tackle, Derrick Kelly participated, Jameis Winston did not play. Mario Edwards Jr. had four tackles and two tackles for loss for the Bears.
- Cleveland 48, Pittsburgh, 37. Vince Williams had seven tackles for the Steelers
Divisional round games
LA Rams at Green Bay, 4:34 p.m. on FOX. CB Stanford Samuels III is on the practice squad for the Packers.
Baltimore at Buffalo, 8:15 p.m. on NBC
Cleveland at Kansas City, 3:05 p.m. on CBS. Derrick Nnadi has 23 tackles for the Chiefs
Tampa Bay at New Orleans, 6:40 p.m. on FOX